1. Rao,Tata K(1995). Users’ Attitude and Behavioral Pattern towards Theft and Mutilation Ina University Library. A Case Study. IASLIC Bulletin. 40(2).49-62.
2. Weiss Dana (1981) Book theft and Book Mutilation In A Large Urban University Library. College and Research Libraries.42(4).341-347.
3. Goswami & Badriprasad. (1989).Problems of Misplacement,Mutilation and Theft of Books in Libraries.Varanashi,Radha Krishna Publication,B.H.U
4. Souter G.H. (1976). Delinquent Readers. A Study of The Problem In University Libraries. Journal of Librarianship.8(2).96-110
5. Ajayi N.A &Omotayo B.O.(2004). Mutilation And Theft of Library Materials: Perception and Reactions of Nigerian Students. Information Development, 20,(1).61-66
6. Bello,M.A(1998). Library Security, Materials Theft And Mutilation In Technological University Libraries in Nigeria. Library Management.19 (6).379-383.
7. Maidabino A.A. (2012). Theft and Mutilation of Print Collections in University Libraries” A Critical Review of Libraries and Proposed Frame work For Action. Annals of Library and information sciences. 59.(4). 240-246.
8. JimohF.Lawani. (2014). Nature of Delinquency among Library Staff and Users in Academic Libraries: A Study of University of Benin Library (John Harish Library). Information and KnowledgeManagement (www.iiste.org). 4(12).84-94.
9. Parvathamm N. & Gavisiddappa A. (2001). Students & Librarians Attitudes towards Book, Theft & Misplacement in Engineering College Libraries. SRELS Journal of Information Management. 38(3), 221-230.
10. Ogunyade,(2005),Theft and Mutilation in an Academic Library: College of Medicine,
University of Lagos Experience. Journal of Hospital Medicine .15 (2). 11. Higgins. (2015). Theft and Vandalism of books, Manuscripts, and Related Materials in Public And Academic Libraries, Archives and Special Collections, Library Philosophy and practices(e-Journal)paper-1256.
12. Jagadish.M.V. & Sarasvathy P. (2016) users attitude towards Theft, Mutilation And Misplacement of Resources in University Libraries in Karnataka State: A Study. e-Library Science Research Journal(e-journal).4(10).
This is a information era, where libraries are playing a very vital role for the academic institutions for students, research scholars and faculty members. Libraries are providing information resources, services and documents for thier user without any biasing. it is very unfortunate that some users are doing some miss chief activities with intension or it may be without intention which put library staff in trouble. it may be in form of thieft or it may missplacement of library resources.The present study focused on librarian response towards theft, mutilation and misplacement of library resources in College libraries in CSJMU, Kanpur. The study found that more than seventy percent of the librarians have felt that illegal incidences at the College libraries such as theft, mutilation and misplacement of library materials have become serious problems. In this research paper their are some suggestions which definitely help us to get rid of these unlawful acts.