Mapping the contribution in research productivity of Colleges of Applied Medical Sciences affiliated with universities of Saudi Arabia published in PubMed indexed journals during the period 2009 - 2018.
Date of this Version
- Shen X, Tian X. Academic Culture and Campus Culture of Universities. Higher education studies. 2012 Jun;2(2):61-5.
- Neylon C, Wu S. level metrics and the evolution of scientific impact. PLoS biology. 2009 Nov 17;7(11):e1000242.
- Sohail S, Akhtar J. Reviewers' Responses to Medical Research Articles. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. 2019 Jan 1;29(1):29-32.
- Durieux V, Gevenois PA. Bibliometric indicators: quality measurements of scientific publication. Radiology. 2010 Apr 8;255(2):342-51.
- Liu X, Liu N, Zhou M, Lu Y, Li F. Bibliometric analysis of global research on the rehabilitation of spinal cord injury in the past two decades. Therapeutics and clinical risk management. 2019;15:1.
- Zhao N, Tao K, Wang G, Xia Z. Global obesity research trends during 1999 to 2017: A bibliometric analysis. Medicine. 2019 Jan 1;98(4):e14132.
- Huang Q, Yue Z, Lin J, Zhang Y, Yuan S, Zhuang Q, Peng C. The effect and influence of undergraduate research on medical undergraduates in China. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education. 2019 Jan;47(1):41-50.
- Du F. Comparing Students' Perceptions and Their Writing Performance on Collaborative Writing: A Case Study. English Language Teaching. 2018;11(12):131-7.
9.Gutiérrez-Porlán I, Román-García M, Sánchez-Vera MD. Strategies for the Communication and Collaborative Online Work by University Students. Comunicar: Media Education Research Journal. 2018;26(54):91-9
Aim: The aim of this study is, to calculate the publications published in PubMed Indexed journals by authors participated as the first or as a participatory author associated with Colleges of Applied Medical Sciences, affiliated with universities of Saudi Arabia.
Methods: The data was retrieved and collected from the PubMed/Medline database to tabulate in Microsoft Excel 2010 year and subject wise, annual growth of publications, a pattern of authorship and frequency of journals from the period 2009 - 2018.
Results: This study showed that n=1652; 165.2 per annum and 75 articles per university were published during the period of 2009 - 2018. The year 2018 produced n=431; 183.4% higher than the year 2009. King Saud University place its share in research and produced n=785; 47.5% articles followed by Qassim University with n=109; 6.6% articles. While eight universities contributed in n=460; 27.8% articles as minimum 53 and maximum 80 articles as a participator in research productivity. A multi-authorship is visible in this study as a majority, which contributes n=1519; 92% articles. Subject Physiotherapy takes attention of researcher and they produced n=209; 12.6% articles. Another 12 subjects participated in n=1130; 68.6% articles. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences facilitated in the publication of n=36; 2.1% articles out of 1151 journals which indexed in PubMed database.
Conclusion: Significant participation of authors and institutes in the production of publications published in PubMed Indexed journals reveals the culture of research pertained in the colleges affiliated with 22 universities of Saudi Arabia. Every year they produced qualitative and quantitative manuscripts which strengthen the objectives of policymakers in the development of the research environment among academics.