Date of this Version
1. Reddy K. Harinath and Chandraiah, I (2017) Collection Development in University Libraries: a case study, In. International Journal of Digital Library Services, Vol. 7, Issue - 3, pp.114-126.
2. Garate, A. S. (2017) A Study of Quantitative Growth in Library Collection and Users of Mumbai University Library In. International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, Vol.7 No.1, pp. 195-203.
3. Mondal, D. and Maity, A. (2016) Selection and Acquisition of E-resource Collection in Selected Libraries of R&D Institutions in Kolkata city: A Survey of Current Practices, In. International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, Vol.6 No.3, pp 540-553.
4. Shivakumaraswmay K.N.and Nikam Khaiser (2016) Acquisition of Library Print and Non-Print Materials in Mysore Region Engineering College Libraries: A Study In. Pearl: A Journal of Library and Information Science, Vol.10,No.1, pp.52-61. Print ISSN: 0973-7081. Online ISSN: 0975-6922. Article DOI: 10.5958/0975-6922.2016.00007.
5. Sinha, A. K. (2015) Evaluation of Library Collection of Palli Samgathana Vibhaga Library, Visva-Bharati: A Survey, In. The SRELS Journal of Information Management, Vol 52, No 5. DOI: 10.17821/srels/2015/v52i5/79754
6. Sasikala, C., Nagaratnamani, G., and .Dhanraju, V. (2014) Pattern of Collection Development in Academic Libraries in Andhra Pradesh: A Study, In. IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS),Vol19,No.2,PP05-18 e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845.
7. Prakash, B., Shamrao, R. and Rajkumar (2014) Library Collection, Facilities and Services of the Central University of Karnataka: A Survey In. International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, Vol.4 No.1, pp.170-181. www.ijodls.in ,ISSN:2250-1142 (Online), ISSN 2349-302X (Print)
8.http://www.tezu.ernet.in/Library/index.php/about-us/library-collections (Access dated on 23 Nov 2018)
The purpose of this study is to investigate school and year wise growth and amount utilized for print books and periodicals collections in Central Library, Tezpur University during the period 2013-2017. Data about new addition, year wise expenditure of books and periodicals for the period under study were collected from the annual reports, NAAC reports and from the available records maintained in the library. Finally depending upon the findings authors suggested that there is urgent need to allocate more funds to the university library to acquire more number of books and periodicals to satisfy user’s information need with changing information environment.