Date of this Version
- Bharma, K., & Verma, M. K. (2018). Evaluation of selected university library websites listed by national institutional ranking framework (NIFR) during the year 2017: A webometric analysis. Journal of Scientometric Research, 7(3), 173-180.
- Domain authority. (n.d.). Retrieved April 12, 2019 from https://moz.com/learn/seo/domain-authority.
- Ingwersen, P. (1998). The calculation of web impact factors. Journal of Documentation, 54 (2), 236-43.
- Jalal, S., Biswas, S. & Mukhopadhyay, P. (2009). Webometric analysis of central universities in India: A study. International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions, ICITST 2009 (pp.1 – 9).
- Jeyshankar, R., & Babu, B. R. (2009).Websites of universities in Tamil Nadu: A webometric study. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 56 (June 2009), 69-79.
- Open universities in India. (n. d.). Retrieved May 2, 2019 from https://targetstudy.com/university/open-universities/.
- Page authority. (n.d.). Retrieved April 12, 2019 from https://moz.com/learn/seo/page-authority.
- Punitha, A. (2016). Employability and employment opportunities of distance and open learning students. Proceedings of the Two-day National Conference on Distance Education in India: Emerging Challenges and Prospects (pp. 119). Retrieved May 2, 2019 from http://www.pondiuni.edu.in/sites/default/files/DDE%20Conference%20Proceedings%20Sept%208-9%202016.pdf
- Sarkar, A, & Pal, A. (2018). Websites of Indian banks: A webometric study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 2209, 1-18. Retrieved May 4, 2018 from https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2209.
- Verma, M. K. & Bharma, K. (2017). Webometric analysis of websites of Indian Uniiversities’ with status of Potential for Excellence(UPE).SRELS Journal of Information Management,54(6), 318-326.
Web Impact Factor (WIF), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking improve the visibility of a website’s presence in the online environment. The present study predominantly focuses on the WIFs of the Indian Open University websites. Calculating three types of web impact factors it has been found that among the selected Open Universities Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nashik holds the numero uno status in Simple and Internal-link WIFs with SWIF 0.2214 and IWIF 0.2092. In case of External-link Web Impact Factor (EWIF) Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU), Kolkata holds the rank one position with EWIF of 9.9750. Among the websites IGNOU holds the best global rank i.e. 4439 and it has the 2nd best Indian rank also i.e. 349. This Open University is followed by KSOU in the global ranking i.e. 4517. KSOU holds the best Indian rank i.e.270. IGNOU has the maximum number of backlinks i.e. 1265605. The website of KSOU having domain authority of 59, ranks highest YCMOU ranks lowest by obtaining 29 out of a total of 100 points. In case of page authority, the website of IGNOU ranks first with page authority score of 59 followed by the UOU having score of 51. Again the least score (35) is obtained by the YCMOU in page authority.