Date of this Version
- Baskaran, C & Sivakami, N. (2014). Swine Influenza research output: A Bibliometric Analysis. SRELS Journal of Information Management. 51(1), 13-20.
- Ali Hassanpour-Dehkordi & Nahid Jivad. (2014) Comparison of regular aerobic and yoga on the quality of life in patients with multiple sclerosis. Medical Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran.28: 141
- Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani; Meena Ramanathan; Balaji, R. & Pushpa, D.(2014) Comparative immediate effect of different yoga asanas on heart rate and blood pressure in healthy young volunteers. International journal of yoga. 7(2), 89-95.
- Biswajit Sinha &Tulika Dasgupta Sinha. (2014) Effect of 11 months of yoga training on cardio respiratory responses during the actual practice of Surya Namaskar. International journal of yoga. 7(1), 72–75.
- Holger Cramer; Romy Lauche. & Gustav Dobos. (2014)Characteristics of randomized controlled trials of yoga: a bibliometric analysis. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 14:328.
- Krishna. BH et al. ,(2014) Effect of yoga therapy on heart rate, blood pressure and cardiac autonomic function in heart failure. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 8(1), 14-16.
- Mansueto Gomes-Neto, et al., (2014) Effects of Yoga in Patients with Chronic Heart Failure: A Meta-Analysis. Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia. 103(5), 433–439.
- Mohsen Yazdani, et al., (2014) The effect of laughter Yoga on general health among nursing students. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research. 19(1), 36–40.
- RavikiranKisan, et al., (2014) Effect of Yoga on migraine: A comprehensive study using clinical profile and cardiac autonomic functions. International Journal of yoga. 7(2),126-132.
- Xun-Chao, Liu, et al., (2014) Effects of yoga training in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Thoratic Disease. 6(6), 795–802.
- Rabindra K; Maharana.& Ashok Kumar Das (2014). Growth and Development of LIS Research in India during 1999-2013: A Bibliometric Analysis. Chinese Librarianship; 37 June, 1.
- Jennifer Noe & Julia Furay. (2013). Like a Hurricane: A Citation Analysis of Emergency Management Scholarly Literature. Community and Junior College Libraries; 19(1-2), 21-50.
- P.M.Naushad Ali, Basharat Ahmad Malik and Ali Raza (2018). Bibliometric Analysis of Literature on Knowledge Sharing. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 65, 217-227.
- Samir Kumar Jalal (2019). Co-authorship and Co-occurrences analysis using Bibliometrix R-package: a case study of India and Bangladesh (2019). Annals of Library and Information Studies, 66, 57-64.
- O.Persson, G.Melin, R.Danell, A.Kaloudis (1997). Research Collaboration at Nordic Universities. Scientometrics, 39 (2), 209-223.
We are thankful to Olle Persson for his wonderful Bibexcel Tool
This article presents a bibliometric analysis of the literature growth and development of “yoga”. Yoga was a traditional system of about 5000 years of history and culture. Yoga is rooted in Indian philosophy and has been a part of traditional Indian spiritual practice for millennia. The Indian sage Patanjali prescribed adherence to eight limbs of yoga. It aimed at “quieting one’s mind to achieve the union of mind, body and spirit” is called as traditional yoga. Worldwide, it is estimated that yoga is regularly practiced by about 30 million people. Yoga is most often associated with physical postures (asana), breath control (pranayama) and meditation. Meditation is an important part of yoga. Yoga ensures as a peaceful and healthy way in the ancient period and also in now a days. The critical disorders such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic Pain, Respiratory Problems, Heart Related Diseases, Diabetes, Cancer and Depression are also being controlled by yoga. Postures are used to heal an illness, reduce stress, or to look better. Yogic exercises have been shown to have positive effects on people. A few minutes of yoga practice every day, it prevents all diseases. If everyone has to follow the yoga in early morning, it assures the healthy life. For this Yoga research, the records are collected from Web of Science database for the period of 2009 to 2018. Total number of publications collected for this study was 3256. The collected data were scanned by the “bibexcel tool”. This study deals with the highly Productive Journals, Authorship productivity, Publication Year, Document Type, Language, application of Zipf Law, Individual Authors Research Productivity, country wise contribution, h-index, citation analysis