Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Date of this Version

Winter 11-6-2019

Abstract

This paper presents a bibliometric analysis of the journal titled “PEARL : A Journal of Library and Information Science” This Journal is recognised one of the most important Journals in the field of Library and Information Science, The study covered from the period between 2010 to 2018. The study exposed 223 research papers in Pearl during 2010-2018 that were published in 36 issues of 9 volumes. The analysis cover mainly the number of articles, authorship pattern, subject wise distribution of articles, average number of references per articles, forms of documents cited, year wise distribution of cited journals etc. All the studies point towards the merits and weakness of the journal which will be helpful for its further development. The result showed that out of 372 articles single author contributed 138 (37.09%) articles while the rest 234 (62.91%) articles were contributed by Multi-authors. The Study reveals that most of the contributions are from India with Karanataka state 92 (14.35%).

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.