Date of this Version
1. bnb.data.bl.uk (accessed October 16, 2019)
2. Chiarcos, C. and others(2011). Towards a linguistic linked open data cloud: The open linguistics working group.TAL.v.52(3),p.245-275
3. Coyle, K.(2012) Linked Data Tools: Connecting on the Web. Library Technology reports.
4. Das and others(2008).Linked data in a scientific collaboration framework. World wide web conf.08April,Beijing, China.
5. EDUCAUSE Review 54, no. 1 (Winter 2019). © 2019 Sayeed Choudhury. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
6. Gonzales, Brighid M. (2014). Linking Libraries to the Web: Linked Data and the Future of the Bibliographic Record. Information Technology And Libraries, p. 10-22.
7. http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/pdfs/bldatamodelbook.pdf (accessed October 19, 2019)
http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n81068977.html (accessed October 21, 2019)
8. id.loc.gov (accessed October 21, 2019)
9. Konstantinou and others(2014).Exposing bibliographic information as linked open data using standards based mappings: methodology and results. Procedia-social and behavioural sciences.v.147,p.260-267
10. Landis, Cliff. (2014). A web of meaning: Linked open data resources on the web. College & Research Libraries News, v. 75(9), p. 492-505,ISSN 2150-6698. Available at: . doi:https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.75.9.9193 (accessed October 12, 2019)
11. Latif, A.(2010)Discovery and Construction of Authors’ Profile from
Linked Data :A case study for Open Digital Journal.LDOW2010, April 27, 2010, Raleigh, USA.
12. Maria, H. and others(2015).Current state of Linked Data in Digital Libraries.
13. Neubert, J.(2012).Linked data based library web services for economics. International conf. on Dublin Core and Metadata applications,2012.
14. "Transforming Library Metadata into Linked Library Data", American Library Association, September 25, 2012.http://www.ala.org/alcts/resources/org/cat/research/linkeddata)Document ID: fc4b530d-00bb-4aef-b6d4-21d40f4ae19c (accessed October 8, 2019)
15. Zaveri, A. and others(2012).Quality assessment for linked open data: A survey.Undefined1IOS press,p.1-5.
The concept of linked Data and Semantic Web have been gaining importance to revolutionise the world of the internet. The idea behind Linked Data can be used to create a huge database of the Internet interlinked by relationships that will be easily understood by machines as well as humans. We tried to compare some libraries that have published their content via linked open data. The advantages and disadvantages have also been highlighted. libraries should benefit by adopting linked Data but there are many challenges that will come up in its implementation. The BIBFRAME Initiative is a possible framework that will enable libraries to link their resources on to the web attracting users with high-quality content. Various initiatives have been undertaken by the libraries in order to make resources accessible to all users.