Date of this Version
- Reddi, U.V. (2016). Role of ICTs in education and development: potential, pitfalls and challenges. In Learning package on participatory adult learning, documentation and information networking (PALDIN): Participatory lifelong learning and information and communication technologies. New Delhi: Jawaharlal Nehru University, 173-186.
- Saleem, A., Tabusum S.Z., S., & Batcha, M.S. (2013). Application of Information and communication technology (ICT) in Academic Libraries: An Overview. International Journal of Library Science, 2(3), 49-52. DOI: 10.5923/j.library.20130203.01
- Chavan, S., & Naik, R.R. (2017). Impact of Information and communication technology innovation on library service in the Engineering College of North Karnataka. International research: Journal of library and information Science, 7 (2), 236-243.
- Kumar, K & Lokesha, N. (2016). Availability of ICT infrastructure and its use in nursing college libraries to Rajiv Gandhi University of health science, Bangalore: A Study. PEARL-A journal of library and information science, 10 (4), 234-241.DOI: 10.5958/0975-6922.2016.00032.2
- Paulson, C. (2015). ICT in arts and science college libraries. International journal of science and research (IJSR), vol.4 (1), 2120-2123. Paper ID: 18011505
- Reddy, T.R., & Reddy, V.P. (2015). A Survey in information and communication infrastructure in engineering college libraries in Sri Venkateswara university area. International journal of applied research,1(8), 642-650. DOI:10.17821/srels/2015/v52i5/79752
- Chhatwal, A., & Mahajan, P. (2014). Availability of ICT Infrastructure facilities to access E-resources among the University libraries of Punjab and Chandigarh. Asian journal of multidisciplinary studies, vol. 2 (7), 73-7. Retrieved on 12/06/2019 from http://www.ajms.co.in/sites/ajms2015/index.php/ajms/article/view/441
- Murugu, R.K., & S, A.K. (2014). Application of Information, communication technology in libraries of Warangal district: A study. Journal of information management, vol.1 (2), 73-86. Retrieved on 12/06/2019 from https://www.academia.edu/11968533 /Application_of_Information_Communication_Technology_in_libraries_of_Warangal_District_A_study
- Patil, K., Lihitkar, S. R., & Lihitkar, R. S. (2014). ICT applications in Agriculture University Libraries of western India: A Study. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in computational and applied sciences (IJETCAS), 8(4), 300-305. Retrieved on 12/06/2019 from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org /8e4c/66bf354cb076dbd7912ad2820908b34c29d9.pdf
- Tiwary, B. K., & Sahoo, K. C (2013). Infrastructure and use of ICT in university libraries of Rajasthan (India). Library philosophy and practice (e-journal). https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/883/
- Kumar, B.T., & Biradar, B.S. (2010). Use of ICT in the college libraries in Karnataka, India: A survey. Program electronic library and information systems, 44(3), 271-282. DOI: 10.1108/00330331011064267
- Haridasan, S., & Khan, M. (2009). Impact and Use of E-resources by Social Scientists in National Social Science Documentation Centre (NASSDOC), India. The Electronic Library, 27 (1), 117-33. DOI: 10.1108/02640470910934632.
- Name and address of 295 provincialised colleges. Retrieved on 10/12/2018 from https://highereducation.assam.gov.in/sites/default/files/swf_utility_folder/departments/higheredu_medhassu_in_oid_3/portlet/level_1/files/Name%20and%20address%20of%20Provincialised%20Colleges%20_295%20nos._%20of%20Assam.pdf.
- List of 189 provincialised colleges in Assam. Retrieved on 10/12/2018 from http://assamcollegecode.info/ASSAMCOLLEGECODE_files/pdf/ACADEMIC%20WEBSITES/LIST%20OF%20PROVINCIALISED%20COLLEGES%20OF%20ASSAM.pdf.
The aim of the study was to know the usage of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the degree college libraries of Assam. For solving the research objectives, questionnaire, interview and observation method have been used to collect the primary data from the respondents. The findings of the study have shown that among the 126 college libraries surveyed, 55 libraries are fully automated and 67 are partially automated while 51 libraries have developed institutional repositories. The study also tried to identify the problems associated with the implementation of ICT. Lack of IT skilled manpower to perform ICT related activities in the libraries were among the primary problem faced by the college libraries. The study recommended that the college libraries of Assam should develop ICT infrastructure extensively to make optimal use of the library resources, both conventional and digital.