Date of this Version
- Mahanta, P.K. (2019). ICT Infrastructure and Services in the College Libraries of Assam: A Study. Library philosophy and practice (e-journal).
- Mahanta, P. K., & Das, D. (2018). Usage of ICT in the College Libraries in Assam: An Analytical Study, In H.K. Kaul (Ed.), NACLIN-2018, New Delhi: DELNET, p. 159-175.
- Atonring R. (2015). ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in the university libraries of Tamil Nadu: Perspectives from Library Professionals, Journal of Advances in Library and Information Sciences, 4 (1), 14-20.
- Mondal, A. K., & Bandyopadhyay, A. K.(2014). Availability of ICT infrastructure in the university libraries of West Bengal, India. International Research: Journal of Library and Information Science, 4 (2), 287-295.
- Patil, K., Lihitkar, S. R., & Lihitkar, R. S. (2014). ICT applications in Agriculture University Libraries of western India: A Study, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in computational and applied sciences (IJETCAS), 8(4), 300-305.
- Saleem, A., Tabusum S. Z. & Batcha, M. S. (2013). Application of Information and communication technology (ICT) in Academic Libraries: An Overview. International Journal of Library Science, 2(3), 49-52.
- Mondal, A. K., & Bandyopadhyay, A. K. (2010). Application of ICT and related manpower problems in the college libraries of Burdwan, DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 30(4), 44-52.
- Haneefa K. M. (2007). Use of ICT Based Resources and Services in Special Libraries in Kerala, Annals of library and information studies, 54, 23-31.
- 295 provincialised colleges in Assam. Retrieved from https://highereducation.assam.gov.in/sites/default/files/swf_utility_folder/departments/higheredu_medhassu_in_oid_3/portlet/level_1/files/Name%20and%20address%20of%20Provincialised%20Colleges%20_295%20nos._%20of%20Assam.pdf on 10/12/2018
- 189 provincialised colleges in Assam. Retrieved from http://assamcollegecode.info/ASSAMCOLLEGECODE_files/pdf/ACADEMIC%20WEBSITES/LIST%20OF%20PROVINCIALISED%20COLLEGES%20OF%20ASSAM.pdf on 10/12/2018
The study has investigated the application and utilization of ICT in the degree college libraries of Assam. Two sets of structured questionnaires have prepared to collect the data from the respondents. The questionnaires were distributed to 192 colleges, out of which 126 colleges have responded. Again, user questionnaires were distributed to 784 users of different colleges, out of which 540 questionnaires have received. The findings of the study have revealed that the use of ICT in college libraries has improved the management of library activities. The users’ opinion on the use of ICT in college libraries is found satisfactory. The main problems to implement ICT in the college libraries are due to lack of IT skilled manpower, inadequate training in ICT applications and lack of IT infrastructure and network facilities. The study has suggested that hardware and software facilities should be upgraded regularly to improve the additional features while delivering library services in the ICT environment.