Date of this Version
- Abdulgam, P. M., Borle, P.S. & Tapare, V.S. (2016). The utilization of library services by undergraduate students in a medical college. International Journal of Health Science & Research, 6 (12), 1-8.
2. Adamu, R. (2017). Assessment of library service quality and user satisfaction among undergraduate students of Yusuf Maitama Sule University (YMSU) library. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal) , 1675.
3. Basu, M. & Das, P. (2012). Library use by undergraduate medical students of a tertiary care institution of West Bengal. Indian J. Pre. Soc. Med., 43 (3), 315-320.
4. Bua, F. T., & Yawe, A. A. (2014). A comparative study on user satisfaction with the management of library services in three academic libraries in Benue State-Nigeria. Journal of Studies in Social Sciences , 6 (1), 23-30.
5. Hemavathi, K. N. & Chandrashekara, M. (2018). User satisfaction on library resources and services in Law College libraries in Mysore, Karnataka. International Journal of Library and Information Studies, 8 (1), 309-318.
6. Hussaini, S., Vashistha, R. & Jimah, H. (2018). Awareness and utilization of library resources by library users of NIMS University central library, Jaipur, India. International Journal of Movement Education and Social Science, 7 (2), 1067-1078.
7. Kaur, K (2010). Service quality and customer satisfaction in academic libraries: perspective from a Malaysian University. Library Review, 59 (4), 261-273.
8. Kumar, R. (2013). User satisfaction with library services of Textile Engineering Institutes of Haryana: an assessment. International Journal of Library and Information Science , 5 (6), 185-191. DOI: 10.5897/IJLIS2013.0335 http://www.academicjournals.org/IJLIS
9. Pal, A., Basu, J., Chaurasia, V. R. & Ram, A. K. (2015). A study on library usage pattern among undergraduate medical students in a tertiary care teaching hospital in Bihar. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research, 5 (8), 309-315.
10. Motiang, I.P., Wallis, M. & Karodia, A. M. (2014). An evaluation of user satisfaction with library services at the University of Limpopo, Medunsa campus (Medical University of Southern Africa). Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review (OMAN Chapter), 3 (11), 41-58.
11. Onanuga, A. O., Grace, O. O., Ogunwande, D., & O. O. (2017). Library services utilization and satisfaction by undergraduate students. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences , 22 (5), 83-88.
12. Raza, M.M., Upadhyay, A.K. & Noor, .F.E. (2011). Utilization of library resources and services in the select management institutes: a study. International Journal of Library Science, 3 (11), 75-85.
13. Saikia, M., & Gohain, A. (2013). Use and user’s satisfaction in library resources and services: A study in Tezpur University (India). International Journal of Library and Information Science, 5 (6), 167-175. DOI: 10.5897/IJLIS2012.0328
14. Seneviratne, D. (2006). Measuring user satisfaction: a case study at the PGIM branch library at Peradeniya. Journal of the University Librarians Association in Sri Lanka , 10, 40-53. DOI: 10.4038/jula.v10i0.317
15. Singh, K. & Kuri, R. (2017). User’s satisfaction with library resources and services: a case study of IIT libraries in India. International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, 7 (3), 496-509.
16. Sivathaasan, N. (2013). Satisfacory level of undergraduate students with academic library: a case study of faculty of management studiesand commerce, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka. Global Journal of Management and Business Research , 13 (5), 63-68.
17. Thangapandy, M. (2014). Utilization of library resources by the students of G.D. Institutions: a case study. PARIPEX-Indian Journal of Research, 3 (7), 1-4.
18. Tiemo, P. A. & Ateboh, B. A. (2016). User’s satisfaction with library information resources and services: a case study College of Health Science library Niger Delta University, Amassoma, Nigeria. Journal of Education and Practice, 7 (16), 54-59.
19. Verma, M. K. & Laltlanmawii, R. (2016). Use and user’s satisfaction on library resources and services by U. G. students by Government Hranbana College, Aizwal: a study. Journal of Advances in Library and Information Sciences, 5 (1), 18-23.
20. Verma, M. K. & Parang, Buit (2015). Use and user’s satisfaction on library resources and services by students of physical sciences, Mizoram University, Aizawl: a study. Information Studies, 21 (2/3), 193-204. DOI:10.5958/0976-1934.2015.00015.4
Purpose: The purpose of this study was conducted to find out the realistic about the user’s utilization and satisfaction level of Central library of Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS), Gangtok, Sikkim, India. The user’s satisfaction of a library totally depends upon the utilization of library resources and services.
Methodology: For the required queries a questionnaire was prepared for the present study and it was distributed among 120 SMIMS students randomly.
Findings: The study exposed that students use the library for browsing e-resources and borrow books as per their need. From the students responses it was clear that users give preferences on accessing e-resources than printed material.
Research Limitations: The present study is limited only for the students of the particular medical institution. The students were selected from different disciplines i.e. medical science, nursing and physiotherapy. Though faculties also use the library along with the students of this institution yet the research survey was limited for the students only.
Practical Implications: Users were satisfied by using the library services like e-resources accessing, printing & photocopying service, DDS service, SMS alert service etc. Above these services the respondents recommended for digitization of the central library for the better utilization of library services as new information and communication technology are developing day by day so it should be implemented for best practices.
Originality: This is the original study as it is absolutely based on primary data from student’s survey. Some additional data are also collected personally from the library staff to know the better utilization of library services.