Date of this Version
- 1. Ali, S. , Yu, H. & Amran, N. (2018). Library user perception towards librarians in public library: a malaysian story. Internation Journal of Academic Research in Business & Social Sciences, 8 (9), 452-463.
2. Ankamah, S. , Akussah, H. & Adams, M.(2018). Postgraduate students perception towards the use of ICT in research in Ghananian Public Universities. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 1737.
3. Baskaran, C., "User Perception of Library Services in Academic Institutions in the Southern Districts of Tamil Nadu, India: A Case Study" (2011). Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 465.
4. Bhoi, N. K. (2017). Use of information communication technology and library operation : an overview. International conference on future libraries: from promises to practices, (pp. 445-456).
http://eprints.rclis.org/32231/1/Use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Library Operation: An Overview.pdf
5. Gulati, A. (2004). Use of information and communication technology in libraries and information centres: an indian scenario. The Electronic Library, 22 (4), 335-350.
6. Kiriri, P.N. (2018). Service delivery: the perceptions of user’s library services in a private university in Africa. European Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, 3 (4), 221-231.
7. Khan, J. (2016). Impact of information and communication technology on library and its services. International Journal of Research-Granthaalayah , 4 (9), 97-100.
8. Mandalia, S. H., & Parmer, S. D. (2017). Use and impact of the modern ICT in central library of C U Shah medical college and hospital, Gujrat, India. The International Journal of Indian Psychology , 4 (3), 137-150.
9. Nzivo, C.N. (2012). User perception on library services and information resources in Kenyan Public Libraries. Library Review, 61 (2), 110-127.
10. Punchichewa, C.N.D. , Kiritatia, K.G.A.P. , Kumara, A.D.B. & Kodikara, R.C. (2018) Students perception towards the library user education programmes of the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka: a case study. Journal of the University Librarians Association of Sri Lanka, 21 (2), 100-122.
11. Rao, A., Rao, M., & Bhat, S. (2018). Perception of semi professionals in using ICT in manipal academy of higher education libraries. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology , 38 (5), 369-374.
12. Rao, K. N., Kumar, S., & Tripathi, M. (2018). Users perception of e-books at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi: a case study. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology , 38 (4), 231-237.
13. Saleem, A., Tabusum, S. Z., & Batcha, M. S. (2013). Application and uses of information & communication technology (ICT) in academic libraries: an overview. International Journal of Library Science , 2 (3), 49-52.
14. Swapna, C., J. J., & Manjula, P. (2017). Library users perceptions and expectations towards Mysore University library: a case study. International Journal of Library & Information Studies , 7 (4), 351-357.
15. Ojo, A. (2015). The new role of medical librarian in the information communication technology (ICT) age. International Journal of Computer and Information Technology , 4 (2), 197-200.
The present study revealed about the physicians perspective towards ICT application in the central library of NEIGRIHMS, Meghalaya. Medical library has been developing day by day in this technological epoch. The present study was limited only for physicians both in clinical and non clinical sections. The study was conducted by simple random sampling and data were collected by using questionnaire method from the physicians. It was noticed that 85% respondents provided responses and the received responses were analyzed and tabulated in various sections. The findings showed that physicians purpose of library usages, their attitude, impact of ICT, techniques for searching e-resources, difficulties in using the library & satisfaction level etc. The role of medical librarian is very crucial for dissemination of advanced library services in this digital environment. Physicians retrieved the recent information relating biomedical science field with the help of emerging e-resources, medical library databases & consortium. The study will help to know the ICT impact in the library and its effectiveness among the medical fraternity of NEIGRIHMS in Meghalaya state.