- Adegoke, D. & Oni, O. (2018). Knowledge Production on Peace and security in Africa: Mapping the epistemic terrain of peace and security in Africa Retrieved 6 May, 2019 from www.alcafricandatalab.com.
- Adesina, O.A. & Opesade, A.O. (2018). Bibliometric analysis of sickle cell anaemia literature on Nigeria listed in PubMed between 2006 and 2016. Library Philosophy and Practice. 2018.
- Agbaje, G.O., Ogunsumi, G.O., Oluokun, J.A., & Akinlosotu, T.A. (2005). Survey of yam production, system and the impact of government policies in south-western Nigeria. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment. 3(2); pp. 222-229
- AGORA (2018). http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGORA. Last accessed 27 July, 2018.
- Bellis, D. (2009). Bibliometrics and Citation Analysis: From the Science Citation Index to Cybermetrics, U.K. Scarecrow Press.
- Borgman, C.L., & Furner, J. (2002). Scholarly communication and bibliometrics. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology; 36:3–72.
- Cooke, R. & Rosenthal, D. (2011). Students use more books after library instruction: An analysis of undergraduate paper citations. College & Research Libraries; 72(4), 332 - 343. http://crl.acrl.org/content/72/4/332.full.pdf+html 28 June 2018
- Edewor, N. (2013). An Analysis of a Nigerian Library and Information Science Journal: A Bibliometric Analysis. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Paper 1004. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1004 28 June, 2018
- 9. Enger, K.B. (2009). Using citation analysis to develop core book collections in academic libraries. Library & Information Science Research, 31(2), 107-112
- Ezema, I.J., & Eze, A.B. (2011). Analysis of cited information sources in Nigerian agricultural research with emphasis on animal health and production. International Journal of Library and Information Science. 4(1), pp. 1-9. Available online http://www.academicjournals.org/IJLIS DOI: 10.5897/IJLIS11.018. ISSN 2141-2537.
- Fagbola, B.O. & Adejoro, A.M. (2012). "Citation Pattern of the Nigerian Journal of Horticultural Science from 1990-2005" (2012). Library Philosophy and Practice (e journal). pp 715. Retrieved 27 October, 2018 from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/715
- Fasae, J.K. (2012) "Citation Analysis of Dissertations and Theses Submitted to the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension, Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria". Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 741. Retrieved on 28 October, 2018 from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/741
- FAO. 2014. FAOSTAT database [Online]. Available at: http://faostat.fao.org/ [Accessed 26 October, 2018]
- Garfield, E. (1992). The Effectiveness of American Society of Agronomy Journals: A Citationist’s Perspective. Research Ethics, Manuscript Review and Journal Quality ACS Miscellaneous Publication, pp.1-13.
- Hoang, D; Kaur, J and Menczer F. (2010). Crowdsourcing Scholarly Data; Proceedings of the Websci.10: Extending the Frontiers of Society on-line, April 26-27. Raleigh, NC: US.
- Janeving B. (2009).The publication activity of region Vastra Gotaland: a bibliometrics study of an administrative and political Swedish region during the period 1998–2006. Information Resources.14: 397. http://InformationR.net/ir/14 2/Paper397.html.
- Karisson, F. (1994). Linguistics in the light of citation analysis. Publication No. 23. www.ling.helsinki.fi/~fkarlsso/virviit2.html 16 July, 2018
- Kittur, J. (2017). Citation Analysis of International Journal of Agronomy. 2(3): 248-254. IJARIIE-ISSN(O)-2395-4396. Retrieved 28 June, 2018 from www.ijariie.com
- Morrison, M. (2017). A good collaboration is based on unique contributions from each side”: assessing the dynamics of collaboration in stem cell science, Life Science and Social Policy, 13(7), DOI: 10.1186/s40504-017-0053-y.
- Nicholas, David and Maureen Ritchie (1978). Literature and Bibliometrics London: Clive Bingley, p.12-28.
- Nicolaisen, J. (2007). “Citation Analysis.” Annual Review of Information Science and Technology: 41 (1): 609–641.
- Ocholla, D.N and Ocholla, L (2007). Research in Library and Information Science in South Africa: an Analysis of Journal Research Output from 1993-2006. South African Journal of Libraries and Information Science, 73(2) 109-118.
- Okorie, P.N., Bockarie, M.J., Molyneux, D.H., Kelly-Hope, L.A. (2014) Neglected Tropical Diseases: A Systematic Evaluation of Research Capacity in Nigeria. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 8(8):e3078 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0003078
- Olatokun, W.M. & Makinde, O. (2009a). Citation Analysis of Doctoral Works Submitted to the Department of Animal Science, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 300. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/300
- Olatokun, W.M. & Makinde, O. (2009b). Citation Analysis of dissertations submitted to the Department of Animal Science, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Annals of Library and Information Studies. Vol. 56; pp.117-128
- Salisu, S.A. & Ojoye, O.T. (2015). Bibliometric analysis of cancer publications in Nigeria during 2008 – 2012, International Journal of Library and Information Science, 7(3), 69-76. doi: 10.5897/IJLIS2015.0552
- Sommer, S. (2005). Bibliometric Analysis and Private Research Funding. Scientometrics. 62(1). Pp 165-171.
- Subramanyam K (1983). “Bibliometric Studies of Research Collaboration: A review”. Journal of Information Science. 6:35-37.
- Swain, D.K. (2011). Library Philosophy and Practice, 2004-2009: A Scientometric Appraisal. Library Philosophy and Practice 2011. ISSN 1522-0222. http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/
- TEEAL: The Essential Electronic Agricultural Library (2017). www.teeal.org/about 10 October, 2018.
- UNDP (2018). Goal 2: Zero hunger. http://ng.undp.org/content/Nigeria/en/home/sustainable-development-goals/goal-2-zero-hunger.html. Last accessed 27 July, 2018
Objective - This paper reports the findings from a study designed to investigate the following traits on white guinea yam publications for fifteen years: information outlets, trend of scientific productivity, degree of author’s collaboration, prolific authors and their institutional affiliations, journal bibliographic coupling and co-citation analysis. The main aim of the paper is to examine patterns in yam research literature with a view to enhancing the development of yam production research by collating indexed information.
Methods - Scholarly citation data of yam production literature on Sub-Saharan Africa from AGORA and TEEAL databases between 2003 and 2017 were collected. Network analysis and descriptive bibliometric research design was adopted to analyse the citation data of yam production literature on Sub-Saharan Africa listed in AGORA and TEEAL. The data obtained was analysed using frequency and percentages, co-citation analysis and bibliographic coupling. VOS viewer was used for bibliographic coupling and co-citation analysis.
Results - Findings showed that journal articles are published more in journals (93.5%) than other outlets. Collaboration index was 0.8% which indicates that 80% journal articles were written by 2 or more authors. Journal articles are mostly published in Nigeria Agricultural Journal (21 articles) and the citation network contains 36 items (authors) with 11 clusters and a total link strength of 136. The journal bibliographic coupling citation network contains 8 items (journals) including journals with 3 clusters, 8 links and a total link strength of 31. Food Chemistry, Soil and Tillage Research and Field Crops Research which were journals published in Netherlands have the highest ranking JIF (above 3.0) and H-Index (between 109 and 204). Publications from Economics of production accounted for 40 articles (31 journals, 6 reports and 3 Technical Notes).
Conclusion – The study has been able to identify the principal forms of sources; degree of author’s collaboration; first 25 prolific authors; geographical location of journals; top 20 journals; study areas of publications; trend of scientific productivity; impact factors and H-index of publication outlets; institutional affiliations of authors; co-cited authors; and co-cited journals in Sub-Saharan yam literature listed in AGORA and TEAL databases between 2003 and 2017.