Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Date of this Version

2-19-2021

Comments

Dear Sir,

This is citation errors study and errors are presented in Appendix A in underline manner. Please keep them underline.

Abstract

This study explores the citation errors and level of reference accuracy in the Indian scientometric journal entitled, Journal of Scientometric Research (JSR). One hundred and seventy four journal citations appended in eight research articles appeared in the JSR, volume 9, issue 1, Jan-Apr, 2020, were checked meticulously by breaking them into seven bibliographic components, i.e. author(s) name, article title, journal name, year, volume and issue numbers, and pages (both first and last page); and they were matched with the original source articles. Results reveal that 44.25% (77) citations in JSR were erroneous and remaining 55.75% (97) citations were error free. In 77 faulty citations, a sum of 116 errors was observed, out of which 59 were minor and 57 were major. A rigorous reference management system or procedure is essentially needed to enrich the reference accuracy as well as upgrade the standard of the research articles published in the JSR.

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.