Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Date of this Version

6-12-2021

Abstract

The paper presents a bibliometric study of the Journal of Chemical Sciences for the period of 10 years (1987-1996) in which articles were published. The study focuses on necessary bibliometric analysis forms, authorship pattern analysis, year wise distribution of articles, issue wise distribution of articles, subject wise distribution analysis.The study revealed that that the maximum number of articles were published in the year 1993 (127) and minimum in the year 1994 (21) articles. The authorship pattern of the articles published during the period of study was contributed maximum by two authors 265 (27.20%), followed by three authors with 253 (25.98%) articles, five and more authors contributed 184 (18.89 %) articles, four authors with 177 (18.18%) and single author with 9.75% of the total articles. Out of 717 articles in the Journal of Chemical Sciences joint authors contributed 599 (83.54%) articles while the rest 118 (16.46%) articles were contributed by single author. Most of the works were done on physical and theoretical chemistry with 291 articles followed by inorganic and analytical chemistry with 208 articles.

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.