Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Date of this Version

Fall 10-1-2021

Abstract

The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of e-learning on the quality of learning of the Library Science students amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. This study was conducted in Universitas Islam Negeri Sumatera Utara Medan (UINSU), Indonesia. Data was obtained from 83 respondents, that were selected from a total population of 497 students using questionnaires, and, was analyzed using descriptive statistical and simple linear regression techniques. Furthermore, the analysis was carried out through descriptive and quantitative methods. The empirical results of the hypothesis test was obtained using the SPSS Version 23 software and it showed that the results of tcount was greater than ttable (8.337 > 1.989) with a significant level below 0.05, namely 0.000. Therefore, this means that the e-learning variables significantly influenced the quality of learning. The results of the coefficient of determination (R2) which showed the R2 value of 0.462/46.2%, indicated that the percentage of e-learning contributions on the quality of learning of the Library Science students was 46.2%. Meanwhile, the remaining 53.8% was influenced by other independent variables that were not discussed. The finding reveals that E-learning has a positive and significant effect on the quality of learning of the Library Science students at UINSU Medan during the pandemic COVID-19. Therefore, it is recommended that university policies in utilizing e-learning need an in-depth study and design and the decision-makers of the university should improve the learning facilities to make the learning process better.

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.