Linkage - Part 1
Date of this Version
Plant and Soil Sciences eLibrary (PASSeL) Lesson
Learn about the inheritance of traits that are controlled by independent genes, linked genes, and pleiotropic genes. Examine the key events in meiosis, calculate basic map distances.
Objectives - Linkage Part 1
At the completion of this lesson you will be able to:
- Contrast the inheritance of traits that are controlled by independent genes, linked genes, and pleiotropic genes.
- Demonstrate the physical basis of linkage by drawing the key events in meiosis.
- Calculate map distances from 2-point test cross and F2 data.
- Assemble linkage maps from map distance information.
- Lesson home
- Objectives - Linkage Part 1
- More Corn Genetics
- More Data
- Linked Genes Tend to Stay Together
- Crossing Over
- Making Lots of Gametes
- Two Point Test Cross Mapping
- Cis Versus Trans
- Map Distance Measurement
- Mapping Another Seed Trait Gene Pair
- The Third Map Distance
- Map Distances from F2 Data