Date of this Version
• SCWDS Director Dr. Victor F. Nettles retired November 30, 2000, after a 28-year career at SCWDS.
• Former Montana Senator Dr. John Melcher recently wrote an article for the United States Animal Health Association Newsletter on "Wildlife Authority."
• 20 foxhounds at a Duchess County, New York, hunt club died or were euthanatized due to infection with the protozoan parasite Leishmania spp. of the donovani complex. Leishmaniasis is a zoonotic disease of humans and dogs caused by protozoa of the genus Leishmania.
• Controlling CWD in Captive Elk
• Drug Use Protocol for Wildlife
• West Nile Virus Update
• Dr. Cynthia Tate, Michael Yabsley, and Sarah Cross.
• SCWDS personnel recently launched a research project to investigate the molecular epizootiology of canine distemper virus in collaboration with Dr. Beth Williams in the Department of Veterinary Science at the University of Wyoming.