Date of this Version
Historical Data Cards were used to record the organizational history of units within the Army. This card was provided to Robert Bolin by the US Army Institute of Heraldry in 1985. The Chemical Corps Intelligence Agency (CCIA) established by Sec. II, Department of the Army General Orders 27, 15 April 1955. CCIA was a Class II organization subordinate to the Chief Chemical Officer. It was charged with performing the intelligence functions of the US Army Chemical Corps. In 1962, the CCIA was absorbed by the newly created US Army Foreign Science and Technology Center.