Date of this Version
- Manuscripts should be submitted as .doc, .docx, or .rtf files, normally in Microsoft Word.
- If possible, a .pdf version should accompany the file, especially if non-Latin fonts are used.
- Notes should be numbered and placed at the end of the file or in a separate file. They will appear on-page in the finished book, but separating them at this stage makes for easier handling.
- Approximate locations for art should be indicated in the text, e.g.:
- Figure captions should be placed at the end or in a separate file.
- Please be consistent in your use of headings. The general (descending) order is 1) Bold, 2) Bold italic, 3) Italic.
- Please avoid ALL CAPS.
- Use the notes and bibliographic formats that are customary in your field.
- Not a requirement, but we would prefer you avoid MS Word's automatic bulleted and numbered list functions, if you can.
- Preferred file types are .jpg, .tif, & .png, or .pdf; .gif files are suspect for quality , but if that's what you have, we'll take it.
- Final image size will probably be less than 8 x 10 inches or 20 x 25 cm at 300 dpi, or 2400 x 3000 pixels. Image files larger than 25 MB are unnecessary, but again, we will take what you have.
- If you are scanning, scan color images at 300 dpi, grayscale at 400 dpi, and line-art/bitmap at 600 dpi.
- Name the files consistently, to reflect the figure number, e.g., "Jones fig 4" or "Smith fig 2B"
- Provide image files separately, do not insert them in the manuscript (if you can help it); that makes extra work on both sides.
- The most important thing is to meet your deadlines and to turn over a complete submission.
- The next most important thing is to heed the advice of your editor, who is doing a lot of extra work.
- You will receive proofs in the form of a .pdf file of the pages of your contribution. Please indicate any necessary corrections using the commenting features in Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
- For final publication, the entire book will be published free open access online as a whole and as individual "chapters" too.
- Print publication will be reasonably priced and distributed by Lulu.com, Amazon.com, and other online sellers. We will set up a discount site where authors and others can buy copies at roughly half price.
Thank you for your contribution. We look forward to publishing your work.
Zea Books publications can be seen here: https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/zeabook/
Contact: Paul Royster, email@example.com