Date of this Version
• Rural Nebraskans are concerned about health and health care during their retirement.
• Concerns over health care needs are likely to influence where older Nebraskans choose to reside.
• The perceived need to provide personal health insurance for oneself is likely to keep older rural Nebraskans in the labor force.
• Upon retirement, rural Nebraskans expect to finance their health care in a variety of ways, but expect to rely most heavily upon Medicare.
• Reliance upon family and friends for any level of health care support is seen as an unlikely option by most rural Nebraskans.