Submission Guidelines for Nebraska Libraries
(Updated January 2013)
Who Can Submit
Nebraska Libraries will publish various articles and creative content from all authors actively involved in the library world within the State of Nebraska. If you are unsure of whether or not your piece would fit with our publication, please query the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor & Author Review
Authors are asked to review their edited submissions within one week of being sent the final Editor-approved draft. If the Editor does not hear back from the Author within that week, the submission will be published as the Editor deems fit in order to not stall publication.
- February Issue = Due January 1
- May Issue = Due April 1
- August Issue = Due July 1
- November Issue = Due October 1
Items Eligible for Publication
We are looking for the following items or columns but we are open to submissions of all kinds:
- Feature articles about anything library related
- Articles about what is going on at your library (successful programs, etc.)
- Short columns in each issue by members of the sections and round tables
- News briefs—what has happened at your library, what is going to happen?
- Spotlights on new NLA members
- Member announcements (jobs, births, marriages, retirements, deaths, publications, etc.)
- Suggestions for future columns, article ideas, etc.
- Opinion pieces about hot topics in the library profession
- Recommendations for the "How I 'Roll" column (recommended blogs)
- Recommendations for the "Beyond the Stacks" column (interviews with interesting people who work in libraries)
- Recommendations for "My Own Private Library" column (share your book collection with NLA)
- Recommendations for the "What Makes Your Library Special?" column (a spotlight on a specific Nebraska library)
- Answers, comments, and potential questions for the "Question" column (favorite library moment, favorite book, etc.)
- Creative works—short stories, poems, art, etc.
- Book reviews
- White papers (not sought but will be considered for publication)