Date of this Version
DARCOMR 10-5, FSTC, 13 July 1976
This is an official document outlining the mission and functions of the Army Foreign Science and Technology Center.
(1) This regulation was included in the Foreign Science the Technology (FSTC) “Unit History, FY 63 to FY 77” dated 1977.
(2) The regulation superceded Army Material Command Regulation 10-5, 11 February 1972.
(3) For a while the Army Materiel Command (AMC) was known as Department of Army Materiel Development & Readiness Command (DARCOM). This was, apparently, a case of changing our name to serve you better. Eventually good sense prevailed and the name reverted to the Army Materiel Command (AMC).
(4) For a while the official abbreviation for The US Army Foreign Science and Technology Center was AFSTC. Apparently that was a case of changing your abbreviation arbitrarily. After a while good sense prevailed and the abbreviation reverted to FSTC.
(5) Since the Army often reuses the numbers and titles for documents, the date is necessary to unambiguously identify a document. For example, DARCOMR 10-5, FSTC, 13 July 1976 and AMCR 10-5, FSTC, 11 February 1972 are unambiguous.