Date of this Version
- Alkins, R. B.; Tolson, H.; & Cole, B. R. (2005). Stability of response characteristics of a Delphipanel: application of bootstrap data expansion. BMC Med Res Methodol., 5(37). doi: 10.1186/1471-2288-5-37. (Retrieved June 16, 2015).
- Babbie, E. (2008). The basics of social research (4th ed.).Belmont,CA: Thomson Wadworth.
- Connaway, L. S. & Powell, R. R. (2010). Basic research methods for librarians (5th ed.).Santa Barbara,Calif., Libraries Unlimited.
- Council on Health Research for Development (COHRED), Task force on ENHR Competencies (1997, June). Essential national health research and priority setting: lessons learned (ENHR Competencies series, no. 1). Retrieved June 2, 2015 from: http://www.cohred.org/downloads/586.pdf
- Creswell, J.W. (2012). Educational research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (4th ed.).Boston: Pearson Education.
- Duttweiler, M. W. (2011). Priority setting resources: selected background information and techniques. Retrieved July 2, 2015 from: http://moodle.cce.cornell.edu/pluginfile.php/2520/mod_page/content/3/Program%20Priority%20Setting%20Tools%2001-11.pdf
- Faize, A. (2012). National Library and Archives of the I.R. of Iran strategic plan years 2012- 2025.Tehran: National Library and Archives of the I.R. of Iran.
- Hall, H. & Brazier, C. (2010). Implementing a coordinated and strategic approach to Library and Information Science research: The work of the UK Library and Information Science Research Coalition . 76th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, 10-15 August 2010 Gothenburg, Sweden. Retrieved July 12, 2015 from: http://www.ifla.org/en/ifla76
- McNicol, Sarah (2002). LIS researchers and practitioners: creating a research culture . Library and Information Research News, 26(83), pp 10-16. Retrieved July 8, 2015 from http://eprints.rclis.org/6041/1/article83d.pdf
- Mohammadi, N. (2008). Research priority setting for the Education Deputy of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education . Nikan Health Researchers Institute. Research project report.
- Salary, M. (2005). Negahi be ayande- ye ketabkhanehha va marakeze etela'resani: molahezati piramoun-e vazayef va khadamate ketabkhanehha- ye ayande [Aglance at the future of libraries and information centers: considerations on future libraries' duties and services]. Faslname-ye ketabdary va etela' resani , 32(4), 109-122. Retrieved June 18, 2015 from http://aqr-libjournal.ir/Old/index.php?module=TWArticles&file=index&func=view_pubarticles&did=76&pid=10
- Statute law of the National Library of Iran, (1990).
- Workshop on methods for setting research priorities (2012). Retrieved June 21, 2015 from http://www.pcori.org/sites/default/files/Workshop-on-Methods-for-Setting-Research-Priorities1.pdf
- The Young Adult Services Association (2011). National research agenda on libraries, teens& young adults 2012-2016. Retrieved June 3, 2015 from: http://www.ala.org/yalsa/sites/ala.org.yalsa/files/content/guidelines/research/researchagenda12-16.pdf
Research priorities setting process for the National Library and Archives of the Islamic Republic of Iran is reported in this paper. Mixed methods of research have been used to collect and process the data. Producing of research topics and prioritizing them have been done by a Delphi panel of 46 experts that was formed via a targeted sampling. Using a content analysis method and ABC prioritization system, a two part list including 74 "important and urgent" and "important without urgency" research topics have been resulted. Analysis of the "Important and urgent" research priorities indicate the need-orientedness of topics that are focused on the main functions and missions of the organization; while "important and without urgency" research priorities indicating the need-orientedness of topics as well, mostly concentrate on comparative evaluations and studies, secondary functions of the organization, and more general subjects that are part of the field of library and information science.