- Baikady, M. R., and Jessy, A. (2014). Off-campus access to licensed e-resources of the library: A case study. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, Vol. 34, no. 6: 486-490.
- White Chris, & Acker, Jennifer. Basic Authentication to Remote Authentication using EZproxy. Available at: https://idsproject.org/conferences/2014/presentations/Acker,%20White%20-%20RemoteAuthenticationExproxy.pdf
- Lawrence, P. (2009, January). Access when and where They Want It: Using EZproxy to Serve Our Remote Users. Computers in Libraries, Vol. 29, no. 1.
- Covey, D. T. (2003). The need to improve remote access to online library resources: filling the gap between commercial vendor and academic user practice. Portal: Libraries and the Academy, Vol. 3, no. 4: 577-599.
- Schouten, B., and Cigrang, M. (2003). Remote access systems for statistical analysis of microdata. Statistics and Computing, Vol. 13, no. 4: 381-389.
- https://www.mcgill.ca/library/services/connect (retrieved on 16th June 2015)
- http://library.duke.edu/using/off-campus (retrieved on 16th June 2015)
- http://ials.sas.ac.uk/index.asp (retrieved on 17th June 2015)
- Irawan, Liana. Xing, Nan. Tsige, Metasebya. & Tseng, Yu-Chieh. Remote Access. Available at: http://documents.tips/documents/remote-access-568d538cc5c31.html
- Kanal, L.A., Singh, M., Singh, S.K., R. Gupta, Balan, A., Bhanumurthy, K. (2014). A Remote Access Services: Experience and Trends.
- http://iimk.ac.in/libportal/remotexs.php (retrieved on 12th March 2015)
- http://www.lib.washington.edu/help/connect.html (retrieved on 17th June 2015)
- http://www.usc.edu/libraries/services/remote_access/ (retrieved on 7th June 2015)
- http://www.smk.lt/en/current-students/libray-electronic-resources (retrieved on 7th June 2015)
- http://manipal.edu/mu.html (retrieved on 2nd July 2017)
The library is a knowledge center where all the resources, regardless of print and e-resources are made available to the user. E-resources are the backbone of any digital library in this information superfluous era. Most of the modern library users are referring e-resources for their learning, teaching and research activities. Remote login access to e-resources is the best practice of any library which helps the users to access their desired information wherever they stay without wasting time. It gives an opportunity for the best use of the e-resources and offers easy access to various resources of the library through its interface from anywhere. In this study, an attempt has been made to understand the perception of users of the remote access facility provided by the Health Sciences Library, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal. The main aim of the study is to determine the satisfaction level of users about the remote access facility provided by the library. A questionnaire-based survey was conducted. Questionnaires were sent to 187 registered users of remote access service of the library. The study has identified the various benefits of remote access facility and the problems faced by the registered users to access subscribed e-resources remotely. After the investigation, the study suggested some important points for consideration.