Usage Summary of Institute of Physics Publishing e-Journals from Jan 2015 to May 2018: A Study of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Library, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science &Technology Hisar-125 001, Haryana - India
- Case # 00359936 FW: Usage Report Guru Jambheshwar University received through mail ID. email@example.com
- Doraswamy Naick BR and Kumar K, 2014. Exploit of information resource in Jawaharlal Nehru technological university Kakinada affiliated engineering colleges library users: A survey. International Journal of Digital Library Services, Vol. 4, No. 1, ISSN-2250-1142.
- Egberongbe HS, 2011. The use of impact of electronic resources at the University of Lagos. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 472. Fecko MB, 1997. Electronic resources: Access and issues (Topics in Library and Information Studies Series), Published by Bower - Saur, London. 148 pp, ISBN 1-85739- 065-2/ISBN 13: 9781857390650.
- Haider Naqvi T, 2012. Use of electronic databases by postgraduate students and research scholars at GBPUAT Library. India: Library Philosophy and Practice. http:// digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac.
- Kumar BT and Kumar GT, 2010. Perception and use of e-resources and the Internet by Indian academics. The Electronic Journals, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 137–156.
- Leo Appleton, 2006. Perceptions of electronic library resources in further education. The Electronic Library, Vol. 24, Issue 5, pp. 619-634.
Purpose- Since inception e-journals have proved mile stone in the history of the research and academics. Undoubtedly, after emerging e-resources the research activities got new pace and new dimension particularly in higher educational institutions especially since last two decades. No issue of physical distance with e-journals as these may be accessible from any corner of the world without doing physical efforts even available in abundance on single platform and access with single click. Moreover, anyone can download the same, store and keep safe for existing and budding scholars without occupying the physical space. In addition, in fraction of seconds, the information may be exchanged and spread all over the world. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that the data from e-journals may be searched without beginning and without ending. The paper aims to extract the information from its usages log book (from January 2015 to May 2018) that how much use of this product which shall help to take decision for its further renewal.
Methodology- Secondary data has been used. The summary of usages has been demanded from the product vendor’s. After receiving the usages summary, the data has been analyzed and whatever was valued for my proposed study, the same has been incorporated in the paper.
Findings- After analyzing the usages summary data revealed that the users are more concerned with the current issues and retrieve of information from archive is very less. The same finding shall help to take decision whatever can be subscribed for their scholars; thereby funds burden may be released.
Originality/value- This attempt surely helpful to those institutes whom funds availability is underprivileged. In fact Guru Jambheshwar University Science & Technology can take decision for its further renewal according to its usages as findings shown that the current issues are in more use instead of archive.