Date of this Version
- Bowman J. H. (2007) OPACs: the early years, and user reactions, Library History, 23:4, 317-329, DOI: 10.1179/174581607x254802.
- Kasimani C and Rajentran N.Dr.(2018) User satisfaction of Public Library Resources and Services in Chennai city: A Study, International Journal of Review of Research multidisciplinary ; Laxmi Publication , Vol.7,Issue No.12 (Sep-2018), pp.1-9.
- Kasimani C, and Rajendran N, Dr.(2019), "User’s Satisfaction with Public Libraries: A Special Reference to District Central Library,Thiruvallur (Tamilnadu)" (2019). Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 2386. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2386
- Rajinder Kumar and Joginder Singh(2017) Use of OPAC in the University Library of GGIPU, Delhi, Indian Journal of Information Sources and Services ISSN: 2231-6094 Vol. 7 No. 1, 2017, pp. 16-20
- Sadaf, Faria (2009) Application and Utility of OPAC in Maulana Azad Library, A.M.U., Aligarh. (PhD thesis). Aligarh Muslim University.
- Thanuskodi S(2012) Use of Online Public Access Catalogue at Annamalai University Library, International Journal of Information Science 2012, 2(6): 70-74DOI: 10.5923/j.ijis.20120206.01.
- The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science. American Library Association, Chicago. 1983.
- Thirumagal, A Dr.; Mani, M.; and R.R.Saravanakumar, Dr.(2018), "Use of Online Public Access Catalogue [OPAC] at Sadakathullah Appa College, Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu: A Study" (2018).Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 1926.http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1926.
This Paper attempt to user satisfaction of Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) in the Public Libraries Chennai. In this investigation about the frequency, purpose, problem faced by users and satisfaction of public library users. This study also analyze the awareness of users, important of OPAC, lack of skills user to OPAC and proper guidance of library staffs to search them needs and locate them resources on the shelves. The present of study survey approach was used distributed 100 questionnaires and 90 questionnaire received back and analyzed with specific objectives. This study focused on the user OPAC to Check availability of document in the library 33(36.67%), followed by the users due to the Internet Speeds 42(46.67%) and 53(58.89%) users Satisfied by the users on use of OPAC.