1. XIAO (Z) and QI (X). Complementary relevance feedback-based content-based image retrieval. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 73,3;2014. p2157-2177. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-013-1693-4 (Visited on: Mar 15, 2016).
2. LAI (K). How Are Our Undergraduates Using YouTube? A Survey on Music Students’ Use of YouTube and the Library's Multimedia Collection. Music Reference Services Quarterly. 16,4;2013.
3. FANG (M), KUAN (Y), KUO (C) and HSIEH (C). Effective image retrieval techniques based on novel salient region segmentation and relevance feedback. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 57,3;2012. p501-525. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-010-0655-3(Visited on: May 10, 2016).
4. ROTTER (P). Multimedia information retrieval based on pairwise comparison and its application to visual search. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 60,3;2012. p573-587. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-011-0828-8(Visited on: Nov 5, 2016).
5. Asia News International. http://www.aniin.com/(Visited on: Jan 11, 2016).
6. Eternal gandhi Multimedia Museum. http://www.eternalgandhi.org/introduction.htm and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Gandhi_Multimedia_Museum(Visited on: Jan 20, 2016).
7. National School of Drama. http://nsd.gov.in/delhi/(Visited on: Jan 22, 2016).
8. Prasar Bharti archives. http://www.prasarbharatiarchives.co.in/ , http://prasarbharati.gov.in/Archives/AIR%20Archives/Pages/default.aspx , http://www.prasarbharatiarchives.co.in/doordarshan and http://ddindia.gov.in/business/pages/dd-archive.aspx(Visited on: Jan 21, 2016).
9. Sangeet Natak Academy. http://www.sangeetnatak.gov.in/ (Visited on: Jan 25, 2016) and Annual Report (2015).
10. Meera and Kimi (2018). Storage and Retrieval of Multimedia Resources in Multimedia libraries: a study. IASLIC Bulletin, Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information Centres. 63(2). Pp. 105-126. ISSN- 0018-8441.
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to know the user perspective regarding various methods of dissemination, to ascertain frequency and purpose of use of different multimedia resources and to analyze the barriers in providing access to them in selected libraries of Delhi viz. Sangeet Natak Akademi (SNA), National School of Drama (NSD) and Eternal Gandhi Multimedia Museum (EGMM).
Methodology/Design/Approach: An effort has been taken to record the feedback of the users by way of questionnaires duly filled up by them in order to analyze the use/retrieval of different multimedia resources available in the libraries under study. Hence this paper is based on survey method which is done by the authors with the help of questionnaires and their own observation.
Findings: The study explores the utilization of multimedia resources, in digital format, made available online by the libraries under study. Further, it identifies the issues in the usage of multimedia resources in the libraries. Use of other multimedia resources on internet by the users of the libraries has been also recognized. Findings of the study show that TIFF, MP3 and MPEG are the most retrieved file format of multimedia resources.
Originality/Value: This type of research oriented studies for understanding the user’s point of view on available library resources and services has not been performed till now in the libraries selected by the authors. In this paper, original and detailed study of multimedia resources as observed by the authors is presented.