Date of this Version
The digital resources available in a library play prominent role in facilitating access to the required information to the user are an expediency manner. Further one need not go to the library to make use of print formats as the digital resources can be made use of by any user through On-line access via networks or authentication methods at any time by comfortably Now web-based electronic resources have become most popular tools in academic research.
Electronic Resources is one of the emerging environment in libraries & Information communication in the competitive service. E-Resources usually consist of e-books, e-Journals, articles, newspaper, thesis, dissertation, databases and CD-ROMs, which are likely to be the alternative to the print media. Emerald, Ebsco, Scopus are some of the examples of online databases. All updated information is published in these e-resources. The familiarity and use of electronic information resources in the libraries for rapid development is necessary and important.
The aim of this study is to identify how electronic information resources are utilized by academic library users and specific trends that can be seen among faculties and students. Further the study also examine the use pattern, acceptance, perceived importance and satisfaction on electronic resources over print resources.
- To assess the amount of familiarity and frequency in the use of the different types of electronic resources
- To find the purpose and utilization of the electronic resources and services by the users
- To know the level of satisfaction on current e-resources
- To know the difficulties encountered by the users while using e-resources
- To asses the opinions of users on electronic format over the print format
The present study aims to find the use level of e-resources in Krishnasamy College of Engineering & Technology College. The investigator was able to identify the major limitations, such as the present study consists of only the e-resources users.