US Fish & Wildlife Service
Jackson NFH was originally established in 1950 as part of the Palisades Dam Act. Today, the hatchery’s primary emphasis is producing eggs and fish to mitigate for fish losses from Federal water development projects and for Tribes, States, and research facilities. The 40 acre Jackson NFH station is located on the USFWS National Elk Refuge. The hatchery rears native Snake River cutthroat trout for a distribution area that covers close to 18,000 square miles. The facility is also part of the USFWS National Broodstock Program.
Published by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1-2.